Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Italian marinated Chicken with broccoli


Did you know that italian salad dressing is a delicious marinade?  I have used it on beef (stew meat) and chicken, and it's delicious on both!

This dinner looks like a chinese dinner, but tastes even better!  (So says my BF!)

  • Cut up chicken breasts (I do 1 per person)
  • Fry the chicken in a pan, and add about 1 cup of italian dressing (more or less depending on how much chicken you are cooking)  let the dressing absorb into the chicken!  Personally I only use Wishbone italian dressing, but any kind you like will do!
  • Cook the chicken until it's done, but before you're done, add a little more italian dressing and put it on high heat for a couple of minutes to "glaze" the chicken.
  • You can add the broccoli at this time too - but I prefer to cook the broccoli in the toaster oven or broiler for about 20 minutes just sprayed with olive oil and a little salt, and then add it when it's done.
  • I also cook brown rice in a separate pan while my chicken is cooking.  When done, I put the rice in the bowl, then the chicken & broccoli.  
This dish is so yummy!!  BF requests it at least once a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment