Monday, July 25, 2011

The Wii balance board... encouraging?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Wii_Balance_Board.JPG/800px-Wii_Balance_Board.JPG


The Wii Balance Board.  You use it to play games, or more importantly to me, to exercise and lose weight.  So you get all amped up to start exercising, you are ready to do this!!  If you're like me, you close the blinds to make sure no one sees you moving around like a fool in your living room, turn the fan or A/C on, and the TV screen shows "Please step on the balance board now.".  You gently step on this piece of equipment, and you suddenly hear a "oooooh" as if you're a giant who stepped on a mouse.  Um, is that supposed to be encouraging?   They couldn't make it say "ahhh" instead?  Or how about "welcome!"  Or SOMETHING positive?  Instead, it makes you feel like you've hurt the board.  Ooooh.  Nice. 

Well I guess it could have been worse.  It could have said "ooooh... just one at a time, please".

1 comment:

  1. I find the Wii balance board to be discouraging myself. Don't get me wrong, Wii Fit is too fun, but I think it asking you to weigh every single day is too much and also I don't like that it says "that's obese!" after I weigh...though I know it's true, I just don't like hearing it day in and day out!!

    ReplyDelete